We’re Making Progress! Here are some photos of the latest developments in our renovation.
Dear First Prosper Church Family,
After months of praying and planning, we are now ready to begin our Pave the Way renovation project at FBC Prosper. Throughout the planning process, the church leaders have kept the mission of our church squarely in focus: to love God and worship Him as we reach and disciple people for Jesus Christ. The Pave the Way project will allow our church to fulfill our mission by expanding our capacity for worship, education, fellowship, and administration.
Last June the church voted to approve a renovation project budget of approximately $670,000. The key areas to be addressed in the renovation are the following:
- Updating of the worship center – paint, carpet, lighting, windows, seating
- Expansion of first floor lobby – a large, open plaza/reception desk area
- Expansion of first floor bathrooms – six toilets for men, six for women, double sinks in each
- Modification of office space — to accommodate our expanded staff
- Expansion of second floor classroom space — primarily for our growing middle school ministry
- Parking lot renovation – repair and possible expansion, fresh parking space striping
As we head toward “groundbreaking” day in January, I encourage you to pray about participating financially in this renovation project. There are two main ways you can contribute:
- First, I would encourage every family to be faithful to the tithe, which is the first 10% of your income given to the Lord’s work at FBC Prosper. If you are not yet tithing, I would encourage you to pray about trusting God in this area.
- Second, for those who are already tithing, pray about giving an offering over and above your tithe. All gifts given to the Pave the Way fund will go directly toward reducing the loan principal for the renovations. By giving over and above the tithe at the beginning of the project, we can greatly reduce overall interest on the loan.
You can enter your commitment securely and privately in the forms below on this website. Thank you for taking time to pray about how you might participate. These are exciting days at FBC Prosper!
Dr. John David Herring
First Baptist Church, Prosper
By Giving the Tithe
God’s Word teaches the ﬁrst 10% — the tithe — of our income is the Lord’s. Our giving supports not only our church’s ministry, but also ministries around the world. God promises a blessing as we are obedient to the tithe:
Bring the full tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. And thereby put me to the test,” says the LORD of hosts, “if I will not open the windows of heaven for you and pour down for you a blessing until there is no more need.” —Malachi 3:10
Give an Offering
A second option for supporting Pave the Way is by offerings. Offerings are “over and above” the tithe. An illustration of this comes from the Old Testament:
And [the craftsmen] received from Moses all the contribution that the people of Israel had brought for doing the work on the sanctuary. They still kept bringing him freewill offerings every morning… and [the craftsmen] said to Moses, “The people bring much more than enough for doing the work that the LORD has commanded us to do.” —Exodus 36:3-5